Read This Before Having Facial Plastic Surgery
If you’re considering facial plastic surgery, you should know it’s not something you want to jump into. After all, it is your face we’re talking about, so you want to make sure you’re not only having the appropriate procedure but also having it done by the right doctor.
As you look in the mirror and decide what type of facial plastic surgery you want to have, you should also take into consideration who you are going to choose for your facial plastic surgeon in Boulder. Having the right doctor on your team can make all the difference between a successful surgery and one that leaves you dissatisfied.
Here are several ways to prepare for your facial plastic surgery to get the best results.
Before You Go For Your First Consultation
Before you even call a facial plastic surgeon in Denver for a consultation, you should do your homework.
- Read up on the doctors you’re considering so that you find the most experienced one.
- Make a few phone calls and ask questions about the types of procedure you’re looking to get done and how many of them the surgeon has performed successfully. Many times, you don’t want to be the first patient to get a particular procedure done.
- Read reviews and ask for referrals.
- Have somewhat of an idea of what you want to accomplish with your surgery. Are you looking for a smaller nose? Tighter skin? Reduction of bags around the eyes? If you can find a realistic picture of what you hope the outcome to be, this can help your plastic surgeon get better results for you. Just remember, the picture should be something that is not too far-fetched. While plastic surgery can do wonders, there are some expectations that are not realistic. Your surgeon will let you know if what you desire is something that can be accomplished. If it isn’t, he or she will tell you what is possible so that you can make a decision.
During Your Consultation
Once you have decided on a facial plastic surgeon in Denver, make a list of questions to ask at your consultation. These should include:
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure? If not, what type of procedure is better suited for me?
- How long is the procedure going to take and what is the typical recovery time?
- What are the benefits of the surgery?
- What are the risks of the surgery?
- What types of anesthesia do you use?
As you discuss your facial plastic surgery, be open to suggestions. The surgeon may have other ideas or suggest surgery to compliment what you want to get done. For example, some patients who want a rhinoplasty may be told they may also want to consider a chin augmentation for better results.
Since facial plastic surgery is usually an elective procedure, it will not be covered by insurance. Be sure to know all costs up front, so you’re not surprised by the bills you receive.
During your consultation, you’ll want to bring a list of any medications or supplements you’re taking as well as any allergies. You may need to stop taking some medications before your surgery.
You’ll also want to take mental notes on the cleanliness of the waiting room and office. If either one looks unkempt, you may question the cleanliness of the equipment and surgical area.
Also, get a feel for the staff and see if they’re inviting and make you feel comfortable. During the consultation with your doctor see how he or she makes you feel as well. If you’re uneasy in any way, it may be a good sign to find another facial plastic surgeon in Boulder. Remember, the person you choose is going to be operating on your face! You want to be completely comfortable with no reservations.
Are You Ready for Facial Plastic Surgery?
If you are considering any type of facial plastic surgery, contact Dr. Keith Ladner. Dr. Ladner is an extremely experienced plastic surgeon who has performed many different types of facial plastic surgery procedures. He is double-board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as the American Board of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery. Dr. Ladner is a trusted name when it comes to facial plastic surgery. Call the office today at 303-253-7686 or go online to schedule a consultation.